Does your business have a plan? This is often the time of year when many
businesses start to think about creating a plan for the next 12 months.
The most important aspect of action planning is starting the
action. Sometimes it is necessary to
work ON the business rather than IN the business.
These are tips on achieving your plan.
- It is essential to maintain the impetus, start the plan
today, not tomorrow.
- Appoint one person to monitor the entire plan and give them
the authority to do so.
- Regular meetings should be held to review the plan. These could be 20 minute meetings at the
start of the week.
- If you don’t do it today, your competitors will start
- If one item is difficult to start, move on to the next area.
- At the end of each quarter, review what has taken place and
where more help is needed.
- The most successful businesses stick to the plan and make it
happen – whilst still getting on with the day job.
If you need some templates see useful resources from the @SmartInsights blog
Labels: marketing planning, plan