What is Google Places?
Instead of using telephone directories, many people use Google to search for new products and services. Your business may appear automatically in Google search results, on Google maps and local listings even if you don’t have a website.
The content of how your business appears on Google will vary, depending on
• How your Search Engine optimisation is managed
• How many pages on your website have been found (indexed) by Google
• The amount of information you have added to your Google Places listing
• The number of reviews your business has
Why Review Businesses?
Google is using reviews as part of its search engine optimisation algorithm. This means it is important for you to ensure your business is added to Google Places and to encourage clients to add reviews – as we are doing now!
PART ONE - HOW TO ADD A BUSINESS REVIEW
- Sign into Google (or create Google account)
- Select google maps
- Type in the name of a company you’d like to review
- Select ‘write a review’
- Write a review and publish
- Select the star rating and add your comments
PART TWO - HOW TO ADD YOUR BUSINESS TO GOOGLE PLACES
Google places is free. It takes some time to list the correct details and occasionally amend older information. Once you’ve added your business, you need to encourage reviews and update as necessary.
1. Visit places.google.com/business
2. Sign in or open a Google account (you can use your own email address)
3. Click List your business
4. Add your main company telephone number and click Find business information
5. If your business is already listed, you can edit. If it is not listed, you can add.
You have now added your business to Google places!
6. Include as much detail as possible, as well as any offers that are available:
• Address (required)
• Phone Number (required)
• Website: Your website URL can be a maximum of 255 characters.
• Categories: Enter several categories to describe your business, to make it easier for others to find when they search Google. Google will automatically suggest categories as you type. Make sure you choose one Google-suggested category before adding customizable categories. You can enter up to 5 categories for your business.
• Hours of operation.
• Payment options
7. Preview your listing as it will appear in Maps on the right side of your screen. New information will appear in the preview as you enter it. When you’re satisfied with your listing, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
8. Choose how you would like to verify your listing and click Finish.
Labels: Google places, online reviews