Virtual tools are being used more by companies who are trying to find ways to sell products and services. Here are 5 virtual tools:
1. Virtual makeup - mirror www.ezface.com. If you have ever wanted to see what makeup will suit your face without buying it you can upload your photo at ezface.com and trial products. Brands of makeup available to trial virtually include Covergirl, L’Oreal and Maybelline. If you don’t want to upload your own photo you can try it using the photo already there. Try eye shadow, eye liner, eye pencil, lip liner, lip gloss, mascara, foundation, blush, powder and nail polish!
2. Virtual Mannequin 3M has developed a virtual mannequin which it says is perfect for anywhere where customer communication is required such as in museums and cinemas. It is ‘virtual person’ projected onto an acrylic cut out, with sound and graphics, who can talk about anything you want it to for as long as you want – 24 hours, 7 days a week if you like http://solutions.3m.co.uk/wps/portal/3M/en_GB/vikuiti-uk/home/products-solutions/rear-projection-displays/VirtualMannequin/. To see it in action visit http://www.3m.co.uk/intl/uk/videos/VirtualMannequin.wmv
3. Virtual recruitment – L’Oréal has launched a game called Reveal that gives students and graduates the opportunity to work as a Management Trainee virtually in different departments of an organisation carrying out different tasks. The site can be found at http://www.reveal-thegame.com.
4. Virtual glasses – Glasses Direct provides an online area to upload your photo and try on different pairs of glasses. See www.glassesdirect.co.uk/virtual_mirror
5. Virtual World - There is also a virtual world called Second Life where users create a virtual representation of themselves and can buy and build land and property including virtual products such as cars, clothing and trainers.
Want more Quick Wins? Buy the book. Buy the app.