We attended a CIM event at Interbuild this year - The Interbuild Walkabout was organised by the CIMCIG (Chartered Institute of Marketing Construction Industry Group) where Rick Osman took attendees around the exhibition pointing out good / bad points about the exhibitions stands. Here are ten of the tips we took away with us:
- Exhibition stands need to clearly state what products are being exhibited and why you should look at them.
- Your stand should showcase your products eg if your company sells flooring, use your flooring products as flooring for your stand.
- Add extra height to standard shell schemes so that visitors can see your stand easily.
- If using pop ups at exhibitions make sure your phone number appears at the top so that visitors can see it clearly.
- If using moving images, stick to PowerPoint with no sound.
- Don't show corporate videos on your exhibitions stand - no one will watch it.
- Don't display rubbish or brochure boxes on a site; hide your junk.
- Never ever let staff eat and drink of the stand. It looks bad and puts off visitors.
- Put leaflets at the front of your stand. Some visitors just want to pick up your leaflet.
- Lighting on your exhibition stand is key. It's needed to brighten up your stand and attract visitors.
Labels: advertising marketing jobs, CIMCIG, construction, exhibition, exhibition stands, interbuild