We've been sent invitations for LinkedIn. It's another online networking tool! What could we use LinkedIn for and why should we sign up?
Google likes LinkedIn and so do many big companies! Google sees questions you post which gives you 'google juice'. Big companies check out suppliers on LinkedIn to see what other people are saying about them.
You can use LinkedIn in various ways, such as:
We recommend adding in a description for your company, for example, instead of putting my company name as 'Evonomie' I've added more detail 'Evonomie – marketing consultancy that delivers real results' this is shown when people look at connections and may not be familiar with the company name - it gives a lot more detail.
- Promoting your expertise and making contacts
- Finding previous colleagues / connections
- Researching people
- Recommending people
- Browsing other people’s connections (as long as they have allowed this in their preferences)
- Promoting your website or blog
- Searching for people by profession and location
- Posting job offers
Labels: google, linkedin, online networking