Newspaper License

We are thinking about providing an in-house press cuttings service - do we need a newspaper license? Yes. If you do not have a license and you copy newspaper content, whether in paper or digital format from national or regional newspapers you are breaking the law and risk a fine. The Newspaper Licensing Agency (NLA) works on behalf of UK newspapers providing organisations with a license which allows employees to copy paper and digital newspaper content. The NLA also collects license fees which it then distributes to publishers. A Minimum License covers you for occasional copying from national daily papers. To copy from regional titles, you will need to pay an additional fee. The cost of your license will depend upon: Number of employees in your organisation The newspaper(s) copied How often photocopies are made A price list can be downloaded from the Support Material section of the website at Further information can be found at

Labels: , , ,